SEO Case Study: Group Travel & Tourism
- Expand brand recognition
- Increase organic traffic for converting keywords
- Generate leads
- Increased organic traffic by 50.67%
- Increased quote requests and contact submissions by 49.07%
Our partnership with this client began with the objectives of expanding their digital presence, increasing site traffic, and generating more leads. In this case, our client is in the group travel and tourism industry, so online quote requests and completed contact forms constituted a goal completion.
The client was in the process of a site redesign with another vendor when hiring Web Talent. So their campaign began with consulting on the new design and development phase of the website. We also conducted extensive research into the client’s industry to gain a clear understanding of who their target market was and how they were looking for the client’s services (keyword research). The client’s competitors were evaluated in this research and discovery phase as well.
An onsite optimization report was created for the client once the keyword research was reviewed and approved. Once the new site was launched, our team began a strategic link building campaign that included the following tactics:
- Niche directory listings – business listings on Wedding planning sites were very valuable in promoting the client’s wedding transportation services
- Guest posting in relevant and authoritative industry publications – Group Tour Magazine, Travefy, local Convention and Visitors Bureau blogs
- Content creation and optimization for our client’s blog
- Local citations – Google My Business, Bing Places for Business, Yahoo Small Business, Yellowpages, eLocal, etc.
- Brand Mentions – increased the client’s branding by supplying helpful travel information to tourists seeking advice on forums and blogs. The intention of this practice was simply to establish our client as a trustworthy resource for anyone considering group travel. The vast majority of these forum and blog comments did not include any links to the client’s website.
Total sessions to the client’s site increased by 35.74%; however, because Web Talent was not overseeing their paid search campaign, the data shown below is a snapshot of the growth our client experienced through our SEO campaign only.
With a combination of onsite optimization and link building, our client experienced a 27.81% bump in online visits and an 11.38% increase in goal completions over the course of 12 months (originating from organic search, referral sites, and direct traffic).
Zeroing in on the client’s organic traffic numbers, they experienced a 50.67% increase in site visits and saw 49.07% more goal completions in the last year (originating from organic search only).