LinkedIn Sponsored Content
Sponsored content is native advertising in the LinkedIn newsfeed, which is intended to raise awareness, build relationships, and drive leads. The best sponsored content campaigns are built around an informative/engaging piece of content such as a whitepaper or industry resource. The result? Users want to download the information you have provided them!
To make the most out of your campaigns, host this piece of content on your site and require the visitor to submit an email or phone number to access it. This allows you to capture and retain that lead, for use in your other lead nurture campaigns.
- Sponsored updates within LinkedIn are much less intrusive compared to other banners.
- Professional members are on LinkedIn for a reason and are more receptive to business messages.
- You can filter based on company, job title, location, etc. Other distributors may yield more clicks, but LinkedIn has built up a platform that can yield the right clicks.
- To run a campaign content has to be created to use this option, whereas the text and image ads can point directly to a URL.
- Average click-through-rates in LinkedIn are VERY low. A typical click through rate for LinkedIn is 0.04%.
- The LinkedIn newsfeed is already saturated with several other advertisers and organic posts on users timelines.
LinkedIn Sponsored InMail
If you use email marketing as a lead acquisition channel, then you need to be using LinkedIn Sponsored InMail. This targeted approach to email on social media allows you to layer the precise targeting of LinkedIn onto an email campaign. Since our team is well versed in Digital Public Relations, we have the skills and experience crafting InMail messages that receive more responses and less trips to the trash can.
- LinkedIn InMail is very similar to traditional email marketing, but with lower costs and better targeting.
- In comparison to other LinkedIn products InMail has a much Higher conversion rate.
- InMail marketing has a very high open rate and high transparency on the contents of the email.
- If not formatted or targeted correctly, InMail marketing can be seen as unwarranted and spammy.
- Most changes are not self-serve and must be done with the help of admins at LinkedIn.
- With InMail there is a lack of real time insight. If you want numbers on how well your campaign is doing you have to contact someone at LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Text and Image Ads
Even if you do not have a piece of thought leadership content available, LinkedIn can still work for you. While they do not perform as well as those promoting a piece of rich content, the direct response ads on LinkedIn do allow you to utilize their B2B focused targeting to find the leaders at the organizations within your target market. This type of job specific targeting is not available (to this extent) in other platforms, making LinkedIn a unique medium for B2B lead generation.
- LinkedIn is a true professional network, and highly targeted towards B2B options.
- LinkedIn gives the ability to advertise directly to decision makers (like WTM advertising to CMOs or marketing managers.)
- Aside from Facebook, it’s the only medium that allows you to target by Company & Title.
- Relatively High Cost-Per-Click (Average CPC $7). LinkedIn realizes that users are willing to pay more for highly qualified/targeted audience clicks, so they take advantage by charging high cost per clicks.
- LinkedIn Ads are very limited with imagery and copy options that are available to users.
- LinkedIn ads often have a much lower CTR (Click-Through Rate) than other paid mediums such as Google Adwords or Facebook.