Video Marketing Is More Important For Your Business Than You May Think
Video is sometimes a topic that many business owners are instantly skeptical about implementing as a seriously advantageous tool for their company. This is mostly because it is often associated with amateur viral clips rather than valuable content. However, video is extremely important to a website because it shows potential customers that you are an actual breathing human being, and that you are passionate about what you sell. Here are some tips on what type of content to include when thinking about making a video, and how to make it accomplish something: bring in customers and generate business!
What type of video content is right for your company? How can you make it succeed?
- Make sure that your video content satisfies a customer’s need—capture attention and create interest by meeting the information need of your audience. Don’t know what kind of video you want to make? Consider these creative options:
- Product Review and Demonstration Video– Show how to use the product you sell, what the best parts about it are, or what it does that makes it worth the customer’s dollar. What’s new or different about it than your competitor’s version? Creating project demonstration videos can impress potential customers forever. There is an increasing audience for video tutorials—for all of the “do-it-yourself” fans out there, you can feed their appetite for personal assistance while also showing them you are a real person behind your website because you know how to create, use, and fix what you sell.
- Post-Sale Support and Maintenance Video– Make a video that shows your customer troubleshooting tips that he or she may run into upon setup, how they could fix a simple problem they may run into. More importantly, it is always helpful to create a maintenance video that simply shows how to keep the product in its best condition or gives advice on how to avoid future dilemmas.
- Success Story (Case Study) Video– Nothing convinces a viewer more that you are a reputable and successful business then the accounts of those who have entrusted in your services and left satisfied. Upload video testimonials of happy customers. Use real customers and their first-hand experiences; they will carry more weight than text ever could. They will serve as a success story that highlights what your company provides. Think of them as an authentic walking and talking case study! Tip: Consider interviewing satisfied customers for video content to engage a conversation if you think your customer cannot sing your praises eloquently without some form of guidance.
- Video-Submission Contest– Sponsoring a contest is inexpensive and free publicity if your customers are submitting their video to you and posting it elsewhere on the web. Contests promote brand awareness and get video creators talking about your business. Even if you only have a few submissions, those video creators are spending time on your site and spreading word of mouth about their new project that they’re working on for your company.
- Man-In-The-Street Interview– Show real people and what they want, do or don’t like, how they’ve been treated by other companies, etc… transition to how your company can save the world! Just kidding, but you could switch over to showing how your business alleviates their previous struggles and satisfies what they’ve been looking for. Customers enjoy seeing ordinary people just like themselves incorporated into a video because it shows that your business aims to please the average Joe with cordiality as its primary concern.
- Event, Conference & Trade Show Communications– Show what your company does when its not servicing customers. Showing prospective customers how hard you work to research your area of business in order to stay ahead of the curve will show you are sincere about your business goals and prove once again that you are a real person selling a service or product—not a face-less website.
- Video Press Release– Have something new and important to say that you want to get out to your customers in a personable and quick way? Need we say anything more?
- Email Newsletter Video– Sending out a video to your email mailing list will help elicit specific conversion through a purpose-built video if you offer something in the video that the customer needs. You can track the responses that you get from whatever you offer in the video, and see how many people are watching what your posting, and how greatly the video has attributed to an increase in business.