What we are reading in digital marketing this week (week of 12-19)
As digital marketers, we must continue to stay up on the latest happenings in the world of Search Engine Optimization, Paid Per Client Advertising, Social Media Management, Social Media Advertising, Web Design, and much more. We need to know what is the next social network that is going to be exploding on the scene, what is the latest happenings with all of the algorithm updates from Google, and what technologies can you employ so that you convert more leads with less spend.
We are digital marketing junkies
At Web Talent, we have a team of people who eat, sleep and breath digital marketing. While many people are talking about the latest happenings on reality television, our team is busy discussing the latest apps to hit the market, the latest online advertising blunders, or new and unique ways to market our client’s products.
We literally consume hundreds of articles each week, discuss them, and determine how these particular strategies, techniques, updates can benefit our clients and help generate SALES!!
Instead of spending hours combing through hundreds of blogs, articles, and whitepapers every week, just stop by every Friday and see the 5 articles we have curated to be the information most relevant to growing your business.
Web Talent Marketing’s ‘What we are reading this week in the world of digital marketing’
Without further ado, here are 5 of the articles we are reading for the week of December 19th.
- Instagram Adds New Filters: Instagram finally adds 5 new filters to their options after a 2 year hiatus from filter updates. They’ve also incorporated a way to sort your favorite filters so you can arrange them according to the ones you use the most. (Peace out, Kelvin!) — (contributed by SEO & Online PR Specialist, Caitlin Dodds Gustafson)
- Instagram Overtakes Twitter: In other news, Instagram passes Twitter this month with 300 million monthly users (Twitter is at 284 million) just going to show the power of visual marketing. Twitter is also getting their butt kicked by Instagram and may see losses in advertising dollars as Instagram’s user engagement kills Twitters. Twitter doesn’t see them as much of a threat saying they don’t care if Insta users are looking at pretty pictures – Twitter is where news is happening. MMK — (contributed by SEO & Online PR Specialist, Caitlin Dodds Gustafson)
- Ex-Hulu CEO Launches Subscription Video Service, Vessel: 2 years after departing from Hulu, Jason Kilar will launch Vessel as a subscription service for $2.99 a month. The big hook to Vessel is that video content will be available to Vessel consumers at least three days before it is on YouTube. However, with consumers uploading their own content to YouTube at a volatile pace, we are not sure what content would be exclusive. — (contributed by Online PR Specialist, Erica Brandt)
- LinkedIn Influencers Discuss the Potential Future of the Bachelor’s Degree: With more and more students graduating with gobs of student loan debt, several LinkedIn influencers share their thoughts on what they see as the future of the Bachelor’s Degree. — (contributed by Online PR Specialist, Erica Brandt)
- Facebook Dumps Bing, for its Own Search: Launching their own native search tool, Facebook ends its relationship with Bing, further crushing their share of search. It hasn’t been a good month for Bing. — (contributed by SEO/PPC Specialist, Bethany Bauer)