What we are reading in digital marketing this week (week of 1-9)
As digital marketers, we must continue to stay up on the latest happenings in the world of Search Engine Optimization, Paid Per Client Advertising, Social Media Management, Social Media Advertising, Web Design, and much more. We need to know what is the next social network that is going to be exploding on the scene, what is the latest happenings with all of the algorithm updates from Google, and what technologies can you employ so that you convert more leads with less spend.
We are digital marketing junkies
At Web Talent, we have a team of people who eat, sleep and breath digital marketing. While many people are talking about the latest happenings on reality television, our team is busy discussing the latest apps to hit the market, the latest online advertising blunders, or new and unique ways to market our client’s products.
We literally consume hundreds of articles each week, discuss them, and determine how these particular strategies, techniques, updates can benefit our clients and help generate SALES!!
Instead of spending hours combing through hundreds of blogs, articles, and whitepapers every week, just stop by every Friday and see the 5 articles we have curated to be the information most relevant to growing your business.
Web Talent Marketing’s ‘What we are reading this week in the world of digital marketing’
Without further ado, here are 5 of the articles we are reading for the week of January 9th.
- Mobile Surpasses PCs and TVs in 2014, but most mobile sites score a “D” rating: While every year has appeared to be the ‘year of mobile,’ 2014 appeared to actually live up to the hype. Plus, Google is looking to give ranking preferences to mobile-friendly sites in 2015. Moral of the story? Say goodbye to traffic if you don’t invest in a better mobile experience. Have you thought about your mobile website strategy?? (contributed by SEO & Online PR Specialist, Caitlin Dodds Gustafson)
- Personalization is the Hottest Thing for 2015: It has been no secret that personalization is the wave of the future. Sending one message to millions of people just isn’t logical anymore. 2015 is slated to be the year that personalization takes the next step. Nike isn’t wasting anytime. They’ve already created “beat your 2014” personalized videos for users using their member data from Nike+ wearables. (contributed by SEO & Online PR Specialist, Caitlin Dodds Gustafson)
- Facebook Ad CTA Statistics: Another prediction to 2015 is going to be the subsequent explosion of social advertising. Here are some amazing stats including the fact “Learn More” is only used by 10% of retailers, but it’s the #1 most effective CTA on Facebook. 74% of CTA buttons read “Shop Now” which is the second best CTA and “Download Now” is the least effective. Great nuggets here. (contributed by SEO & PPC Specialist, Bethany Bauer)
- NO more tips for servers at Bar Marco: Employee relations #FTW!! While this has little to do with digital marketing, it does have a direct impact on service industries and the challenges they face with keeping talent happy. In a surprising move, Bar Marco in Pittsburgh is abolishing server tips for a salary and health benefits. Instead of raising prices to cover the costs, the restaurant will take reservations and have more seating for customers (contributed by Online PR Specialist, Erica Brandt)
- ESPN breaks free from cable bundles, with help from Dish Network: Sling TV is giving viewers the ability to watch select TV networks, such as ESPN, through a streaming service instead of paying for cable. HBO and Showtime are expected to follow with streaming services as well. Our Search Marketing Manager, Justin Emig has been talking about the death of cable TV bundles as we know it for years, but it is starting to happen quicker then expected. (contributed by Online PR Specialist, Erica Brandt)