What we are reading in digital marketing this week (week of 1-30)
As digital marketers, we must continue to stay up on the latest happenings in the world of Search Engine Optimization, Paid Per Client Advertising, Social Media Management, Social Media Advertising, Web Design, and much more. We need to know what is the next social network that is going to be exploding on the scene, what is the latest happenings with all of the algorithm updates from Google, and what technologies can you employ so that you convert more leads with less spend.
We are digital marketing junkies
At Web Talent, we have a team of people who eat, sleep and breath digital marketing. While many people are talking about the latest happenings on reality television, our team is busy discussing the latest apps to hit the market, the latest online advertising blunders, or new and unique ways to market our client’s products.
We literally consume hundreds of articles each week, discuss them, and determine how these particular strategies, techniques, updates can benefit our clients and help generate SALES!!
Instead of spending hours combing through hundreds of blogs, articles, and whitepapers every week, just stop by every Friday and see the 5 articles we have curated to be the information most relevant to growing your business.
Web Talent Marketing’s ‘What we are reading this week in the world of digital marketing’
Without further ado, here are 5 of the articles we are reading for the week of January 30th.
- Google is issuing warnings for non-mobile sites: Google recently made a change that informs users on the search engines results page if the page linked is mobile friendly. The search giant is now issuing warnings to those sites who verified their site was mobile friendly, but in honesty, are not. (contributed by Sr. Client Strategist, Jason Hershey)
- Yahoo! advertising is struggling on mobile: Hot off of several acquisitions to bolster their advertising prowess, Yahoo! reported 4th quarter revenue of $254 mil, with 20% coming from mobile. Compare this to Facebook at 66% of their revenue coming from mobile and you have a shrinking revenue model. What does this say for the future of Yahoo! advertising? (contributed by Sr. Client Strategist, Jason Hershey)
- Google partnering with NFL to create YouTube channel: In one of the most shocking items of the week, the NFL did not have a YouTube channel, until their recent partnership with Google. Now the NFL will be much easier to find in search, and the biggest kicker…. Google is PAYING THE NFL!! (contributed by Sr. Client Strategist, Jason Hershey)
- 3D printed chocolate anyone?: Hershey Foods and their acclaimed Chocolate World will have a permanent 3D printer in May. This device will be used to print a variety of items including custom shaped chocolate bars and even a chocolate YOU. The biggest hurdle, replicating the taste. We feel this brings customization to a whole new level and could really augment their ecommerce marketing efforts. (contributed by Sr. Client Strategist, Jason Hershey)
- Snapchat to become a publishing platform?: Snapchat continues to be the darling of the social media world. The platform known for its disappearing messages is now looking to become a destination for your content. With the launch of discover, Snapchat is equipped with big brands looking to share relevant news, right in the app. With their subsequent ad units live, this adds another area for brands to augment their social media marketing message on the growing platform.