What we are reading in digital marketing this week (week of 1-16)
As digital marketers, we must continue to stay up on the latest happenings in the world of Search Engine Optimization, Paid Per Client Advertising, Social Media Management, Social Media Advertising, Web Design, and much more. We need to know what is the next social network that is going to be exploding on the scene, what is the latest happenings with all of the algorithm updates from Google, and what technologies can you employ so that you convert more leads with less spend.
We are digital marketing junkies
At Web Talent, we have a team of people who eat, sleep and breath digital marketing. While many people are talking about the latest happenings on reality television, our team is busy discussing the latest apps to hit the market, the latest online advertising blunders, or new and unique ways to market our client’s products.
We literally consume hundreds of articles each week, discuss them, and determine how these particular strategies, techniques, updates can benefit our clients and help generate SALES!!
Instead of spending hours combing through hundreds of blogs, articles, and whitepapers every week, just stop by every Friday and see the 5 articles we have curated to be the information most relevant to growing your business.
Web Talent Marketing’s ‘What we are reading this week in the world of digital marketing’
Without further ado, here are 5 of the articles we are reading for the week of January 16th.
- Google handles over 1 TRILLION searches a year: We all know that the personalization and uniqueness of search has been a trend for many years. We also know with more devices being connected to the web, and increased connectivity, there would be more search behavior as a result. This is one of the reasons that search marketing is absolutely pivotal for your business in the future. Google came out and said that they still process at least 1 trillion searches a year. These numbers are staggering!
- Cut your conversion time in half: While we are all looking to increase our traffic, the more important element is being able to convert those users. Our team is well versed in Conversion Rate Optimization, but this article from KissMetrics does a great job of showcasing some tips to cut your conversion time in half! (contributed by Enterprise Search Strategist, Lorianna Sprague)
- Analytics, Attribution, and all things Data with Avinash: One of the more important skillsets of any digital marketer is the ability to understand analytics. Known as one of the best minds in all things analytics, Avinash Kaushik let his users ask him questions about attribution modeling, organizational culture, and doing deep, deep analysis. (contributed by Enterprise Search Strategist, Lorianna Sprague)
- Movie stars continue to flock to advertising: Increasingly, big brands are turning to movie stars to promote their brand and promote their message. This particular time, Martin Scorese, Leo Dicraprio, Robert DeNiro and Brad Pitt were paid by a casino chain to promote two new casinos. The money they were paid were staggering. We see this as a continued trend due to the perceived value of influencers on consumer’s purchase decisions.
- MORE Avinash!!: We have a large number of our staff who are all certified in Google Analytics, but each time we get into the amazing tool, we end up learning something new or finding a better way to carve up the data. Avinash lends a hand with 10 data analysis strategies in Google Analytics. (contributed by Enterprise Search Strategist, Lorianna Sprague)