Accounting and Finance AssistantApply
The Accounting and Finance Assistant will provide advanced administrative and accounting support to include a variety of administrative and clerical duties. The Accounting and Finance Assistant will be required to manage multiple projects and work well in a team environment. This role requires the ability to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality expected of a professional at this level. The administrative support provided will not be routine.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Accounting and Finance Assistant performs complex administrative duties, involving contact with and exposure to highly confidential materials and information.
- Plan, assist and occasionally attend events, including reserving and setting up rooms, planning activities, preparing materials, arranging catering, and other related activities.
- Use of various software applications, such as Microsoft Office-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and multiple Google applications to compose or edit reports, presentations or other documentation.
- Plan, schedule, setup, and manage a variety of meetings (internal and external).
- Help Leadership and Management protect their time and create efficiencies by greeting visitors, reviewing correspondence, and disseminating information to others, for example.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies/food, break room supplies, and company promotional products.
- Organize and purchase employee and client gifts.
- Open and distribute mail/packages each morning and afternoon.
- Monitor/manage cleaning crew functions and communicate directly when necessary.
- Utilize spreadsheets to calculate expenses by the department while entering payables.
- Generate bank and credit card reconciliation PDFs every month.
- Perform monthly billing for both Web Talent Marketing and Shyft Careers.
- Apply/process client invoice payments.
- Upload and format documents for use in our human resources system.
- Maintain and update various spreadsheets for different departments.
- Find and research items for the office (furniture, artwork, hardware.) as needed.
- Support the coordination of podcast guests with business development.
- Answer and direct company phone calls.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma AND a minimum of three years experience; Degree from a college or university a plus; Will consider the right candidate with less experience with proper schooling as a foundation.
- Basic to intermediate Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a financial or accounting related role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Demonstrate ability to act independently, organize workload, set priorities, work well under deadline pressures, adapt to change, and handle confidential material;
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise independent problem solving and decision making with a high degree of initiative and self-coordination;
- Extremely proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (at a minimum), experience with Xero, Google, and Mac products a plus;
- Strong follow-up and schedule management skills;
- Experience in creating and managing spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint presentation;
- Must have reliable transportation and willingness to complete errands.