What we are reading in digital marketing this week (week of 3-27)
As digital marketers, we must continue to stay up on the latest happenings in the world of Search Engine Optimization, Paid Per Client Advertising, Social Media Management, Social Media Advertising, Web Design, and much more. We need to know what is the next social network that is going to be exploding on the scene, what is the latest happenings with all of the algorithm updates from Google, and what technologies can you employ so that you convert more leads with less spend.
We are digital marketing junkies
At Web Talent, we have a team of people who eat, sleep and breath digital marketing. While many people are talking about the latest happenings on reality television, our team is busy discussing the latest apps to hit the market, the latest online advertising blunders, or new and unique ways to market our client’s products.
We literally consume hundreds of articles each week, discuss them, and determine how these particular strategies, techniques, updates can benefit our clients and help generate SALES!!
Instead of spending hours combing through hundreds of blogs, articles, and whitepapers every week, just stop by every Friday and see the 5 or more
articles we have curated to be the information most relevant to growing your business.
Web Talent Marketing’s ‘What we are reading this week in the world of digital marketing’
Without further ado, here are the top articles we are reading for the week of March 27th.
- Facebook announce huge changes to Messenger at F8: Facebook is slowly turning it’s Messenger App into a powerhouse for consumers and businesses alike. Users are now able to go effectively in between Messenger and other supported apps. Business support is coming as well as commerce sites will be able to directly message users their order confirmations and users will be able to reply for service. (Contributed by Online PR Specialist, Anna Horn)
- Tecate uses Facebook to drive substantial brand awareness: Facebook advertising isn’t all bad. Beer brand Tecate saw an impressive reach to 93% of its Hispanic target market through impressive Facebook advertising (Contributed by SEO/PPC Specialist, Caitlin Gustafson)
- Want to get inside the heads of Snapchat addicts from Gen Y & Z and need a good laugh?: This article on Mashable sums up the best and worst of Snapchat in the words of its most dedicated users. (Contributed by SEO/PPC Specialist, Caitlin Gustafson)
- Twitter reacts to Meerkat by launching Periscope: Live streaming app Meerkat was the darling of SXSW and was quickly cut off by Twitter as there were rumors Twitter was close to launching their own live stream app. The aforementioned app went live this week, and hasn’t disappointed to gain significant traction.
- Google wants you to pay your bills on Gmail: You can already track your purchases with Gmail and Google Now, as well as have a history of all of your payment confirmations for your bills. Now.. Google is working on a program, Pony Express, that will allow you to pay your bills within Gmail, without having to go to the provider’s website.