What we are reading in digital marketing this week (week of 2-27)
As digital marketers, we must continue to stay up on the latest happenings in the world of Search Engine Optimization, Paid Per Client Advertising, Social Media Management, Social Media Advertising, Web Design, and much more. We need to know what is the next social network that is going to be exploding on the scene, what is the latest happenings with all of the algorithm updates from Google, and what technologies can you employ so that you convert more leads with less spend.
We are digital marketing junkies
At Web Talent, we have a team of people who eat, sleep and breath digital marketing. While many people are talking about the latest happenings on reality television, our team is busy discussing the latest apps to hit the market, the latest online advertising blunders, or new and unique ways to market our client’s products.
We literally consume hundreds of articles each week, discuss them, and determine how these particular strategies, techniques, updates can benefit our clients and help generate SALES!!
Instead of spending hours combing through hundreds of blogs, articles, and whitepapers every week, just stop by every Friday and see the 5 or more
articles we have curated to be the information most relevant to growing your business.
Web Talent Marketing’s ‘What we are reading this week in the world of digital marketing’
Without further ado, here are the top articles we are reading for the week of February 27th.
- Non-mobile friendly sites mean loss of rankings: The long rumored mobile friendly ranking factors appear to be on the doorstep of being a real thing. Google announced this week that app indexing and mobile friendliness will become ranking factors in April. Is your site responsive yet? If not, you should give us a call for responsive design.
- Page load speed more important ever, as red labels hit sites: Keeping on the mobile and Google conversation, it appears that Google is displaying red ‘slow’ labels for sites that are not of optimal page load speed on mobile. This must coincide with the mobile friendliness they are requiring.
- Pimp out your LinkedIn profile: At Web Talent, we love ourselves some LinkedIn. We even have our resident LinkedIn expert Bethany Bauer manning our own page and active in just about every relevant group there is. We recommend LinkedIn for all of our B2B clients and here are some tips everyone can use to pimp out their LI profile.
- Yahoo! and Google battle for your default search on Firefox: Last month, we spoke about the fact that Firefox and Yahoo! entered an agreement to make Yahoo! the default search engine for the new Firefox browser. This has equated in a slight change in search share. Google has reacted with a ‘switch back’ campaign to bring users back to the giant. Do consumers even notice, or even care?
- Net Neutrality: Probably the biggest news of the week had to do with Net Neutrality being passed. This controversial ruling has cause reactions from everyone alike but surely frustrated those the likes of Comcast, Time Warner, and other cable providers, while companies like Google and Facebook are rejoicing. Our own VP Matt Self was on our local news stations speaking about this topic. Moral of the story, this topic isn’t going anywhere.